Careers at EVCS
For over twenty-nine years, East Valley Christian School (EVCS) has been a mainstay for Christian education in Santa Clara County, serving children from grades Kindergarten to 8th grade. We pride ourselves in our mission to provide a quality education that empowers each of our students to excel both academically and spiritually.
Our parents, students and staff feel a strong sense of community here at EVCS. As a testament many of our young teachers and aids were former students of EVCS, and many second generation families are in our student body. So you know, working at EVCS is not only about having a job, it’s about belonging to an extended family.
Please review the following job positions that are available. We look forward to meeting you!
PRINCIPAL – Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking an extraordinary Christian faith based leader to become our Principal, who can embody and execute our school mission, and ensure that our school operates smoothly.
This individual must be the culture-keeper whereby the students are seen for their individual potential, and they feel sure-footed within consistent boundaries.
The Principal is the primary point person who interacts with the parents regarding most all issues. In addition, the Principal supervises all EVCS faculty and responsible for curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
The Principal has a support team of an Enrollment specialist, CFO, Communications &, Marketing department as well as a Maintenance & janitorial staff to insure your success.
Major decisions are clearly discussed and communicated with all key stakeholders, including management.
The ideal Principal will be strong, forthright, decisive, caring, fair, willing to listen and able to resolve conflicts with high integrity and moral character, and have a passion for the Lord, children and education. This visionary leader is highly visible and actively involved in all aspects of school life.
The Principal provides an equitable learning environment for all students and staff members of EVCS.
- He/she will serve as chief administrator developing, implementing and ensure compliance of school policies, programs, curriculums, activities and budgets.
- Prepare weekly Chapel lessons that encourages students and EVCS staff in their walk with God.
- Minister to the spiritual needs of students, staff and school families in need.
- Transition new students into school program.
- Communicate and assist the Director of Kiddie Kountry Preschool with the Transitional Kindergarten program graduates to promote smooth transition into
- the EVCS kindergarten program.
- Hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate teaching staff.
- Serve as liaison to parents and school management.
- Access the facility needs, and make recommendations for school improvements.
- Conduct administrative duties such as maintaining school records, performing teacher evaluations, and interviewing for new student enrollments.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; administrative credential or other management experience preferred
- School leadership or teaching experience required
- Experience working with parents and schools in a similar school community
- Strong writing experience required
- Computer literacy required
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Vacation and Sick time
This is an equal opportunity employment position.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
TEACHERS – Full Time
We are actively looking for experienced teachers for the 2018-2019 school year.
POSITION SUMMARY: Our desire is to employee teachers who are Spirit lead and feel a call to ministry. We believe that the fundamentals of education are important, but we also know that the spiritual and moral compass of a child is determined by the primary influences in their life. With that in mind we are hoping to employee individuals who are motivated to encourage students to develop and fulfill their academic potential as well as impact lives for eternity.
- Plan, prepare and deliver activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop lesson plans
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Provide appropriate feedback on work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities
- Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher and relevant teaching experience.
- Self-motivated, hard working and flexible.
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time
This is an equal opportunity employment position. Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!