Careers at EVCS
Work at Our Private School
For more than 29 years, East Valley Christian School (EVCS) has been a mainstay for Christian education in Santa Clara County, serving children from grades Kindergarten to 8th grade. We pride ourselves in our mission to provide a quality education that empowers each of our students to excel both academically and spiritually.
Our parents, students, and staff feel a strong sense of community here at EVCS. As a testament, many of our young teachers and aids were former students of EVCS, and many second-generation families are in our student body. So you know, working at EVCS is not only about having a job, it’s about belonging to an extended family.
Please review the following job positions that are available for our private school. We look forward to meeting you!
3rd GRADE TEACHER – Full Time
We are actively looking for an experienced 3rd grade teacher to join our Christian school for the 2018-2019 school year.
POSITION SUMMARY: Our desire is to employ teachers who are Spirit-led and feel a call to ministry. We believe that the fundamentals of education are important, but we also know that the spiritual and moral compass of a child is determined by the primary influences in their life. With that in mind, we are hoping to employ individuals who are motivated to encourage students to develop and fulfill their academic potential as well as impact lives for eternity.
- Plan, prepare and deliver activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop lesson plans
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Provide appropriate feedback on work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities
- Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher and relevant teaching experience.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and flexible.
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time
This is an equal opportunity employment position. Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with our private school. EVCS is a place where you’ll find a sense of community, amongst students, their families, and staff. We’re looking for exceptional educators who are grounded in their faith — if you think you’d be a good fit, we encourage you to submit your resume.